Undercover Caterer's Baby Back Ribs with Peach-Bourbon Sauce
For the ribs:
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix 3/4 cup of dry rub with equal amounts of brown sugar.
- Pat your ribs dry, apply rub to all sides of the rack, wrap them tightly in foil and place them on a rack above a baking sheet.
- Roast for 2.5-3 hours, testing for doneness. They should be tender and pull away easily.
For the sauce:
2 T butter
1/2 red onion, about 3/4 cup minced
6 white or yellow peaches- peeled and coarsely chopped
2 T apple cider vinegar
1/3-1/2 cup of dark brown sugar, depending on the sweetness of the fruit
1/3 cup chicken stock (I used veggie stock since that was what I had on hand)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 t Dijon
1 T Sriracha Sambal sauce (the chili-garlic kind with the green screw top lid, not the rooster sauce)
2 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup of bourbon
- Melt butter in saucepan and saute onions until soft.
- Add chopped peaches, bring to a simmer and cook about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the lemon juice and simmer another 20 minutes, until it thickens.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Using a stick blender, blend until mixture is smooth.
- When the ribs are done, you can glaze them then finish them off on the grill for a smoky flavor.