2 lbs. asparagus (I prefer the thinner stalks)
3-4 T extra-virgin olive oil
2 T minced fresh garlic
2-3 t fresh lemon juice (in a pinch I've used the bottled stuff)
Fresh ground pepper
* Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
* Wash asparagus thoroughly and snap off coarse ends.
* Cut stalks into bite-size pieces.
* In an oven-safe dish, toss asparagus with olive oil and garlic.
* Season with salt & ground pepper.
* Place in the oven and bake 15-20 minutes, stirring once. Remove once asparagus becomes tender.
* Take the dish out. Toss asparagus with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.