I was feeling a bit under the weather the past week; it was like my body couldn't decide if it wanted to succumb to a cold or not. So it vacillated between feeling run down and feeling normal. The problem with that was my energy and enthusiasm ebbed and flowed depending on how I felt; so when I invited my friend Lacy over for dinner this past week, I had the best of intentions to whip up something complex and exciting. However, by the time Thursday rolled around, I was hard pressed to even find the motivation to get my butt up to go grocery shopping. Luckily, I had a recipe that I had bookmarked awhile back that needed relatively little prep but still sounded tasty...roasted garlic and lemon shrimp. I subbed in some medium-sized shrimp and used 4 cloves of garlic instead of 3; but other than that, I followed Circle B Kitchen's recipe exactly. Served up with some saffron rice, I had a complete meal ready to go in less than 30 minutes and Lacy was protected from any marauding bands of vampires on her way home.
Roasted Garlic and Lemon Shrimp
1/4 cup olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 lb raw shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail on)
salt and pepper
1 lemon for juicing
1 lemon, cut into wedges or slices
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a roasting pan or sided baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Spread the shrimp in a single layer in your roasting pan and spread the breadcrumbs over the shrimp, sort of working them around each shrimp so they are fairly covered.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil and bake for 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size of your shrimp.
- Place the shrimp on a serving platter and drizzle with lemon juice. Serve warm or at room temperature with additional lemon wedges.