After 40 years, Farrell's is returning to the City of Trees and by all the excited buzz I've heard, Sacramentans are pretty dang excited. The old-timey ice cream parlour/restaurant chain is set to open up shop on August 8th at 1625 Watt Avenue; however you can experience the magic early by participating in one of their Sneak Preview VIP days scheduled for August 5th and August 7th. All proceeds from the Sneak Preview days will go to benefit the Firefighters Burn Institute, Shriners Hospitals for Children, and UC Davis. It's for a good cause, so come for the frosty treats and stay for the upbeat songs, lively dancing and some 1890's fun.
Where: 1625 Watt Ave, Sacramento 95864. Tel #(916) 972-8000
When: Tickets can be purchased for lunch, 11am – 1pm, or dinner, 5pm – 8pm for either Monday, August 5th or Wednesday, August 7th. Tickets are limited and once sold out no other dates or times will be added.
Cost: $20 per person. Tickets must be purchase in advance online. Ticket price includes entrance to Farrell's location before it's open to the public, a thirst quenching soft drink or coffee and one delicious entrée of your choice. For a party of two, each guest receives a drink, an entrée, and one of Farrell’s Famous two-scoop sundaes to share. A party of four will receive all the previously mentioned deliciousness plus one appetizer to share and an additional two-scoop sundae.
For more info and to purchase tickets: Farrell's Ice Cream
* The Sacramento Farrell's location will be bringing 200 jobs to the city.
* The ice cream parlour employees/entertainers dress in 1890's Americana period garb and sing, dance and tell jokes.
* Loud, fun atmosphere- sirens, drums and singing. Perfect destination for kid parties, celebrations.
* Dessert favorites: The Gibson Girl, Zoo and The Pig's Trough.
* The first Farrell's opened for business on Friday the 13th of September, 1963 in Portland, Oregon.