Need a kidlet-friendly treat that you can throw together while your little ghouls and goblins are working on their jack-o'-lanterns? Here's one that you can't go wrong with- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie treats. It's easy to make and you can keep one eye on the kidlets and pumpkin guts while you stir the ingredients. No oven time required!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars
3 T unsalted butter
4 cups mini-marshmallows
1/2 cup + 2 T smooth peanut butter
6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
1. Take a 13x9x2 glass pan and lightly spray it with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a big pan, melt your butter. Do it on a low heat so that the butter doesn't brown or burn.
3. Once the butter's melted, add your marshmallows. Keep moving them around until they melt down into a nice marshmallow fluff.
4. Turn off your heat. Add in the peanut butter and combine well.
5. Add in your Rice Krispies a cup at a time, while stirring.
6. Once the cereal is coated, transfer it to the glass pan. Using your fingers or the back of a spatula, press it down so it's even.
7. Let it cool down. Then cut it into squares and serve.