Happy Sunday! What a weekend- there were all kinds of things going on in town...concerts in the Park started Friday night, there was Derby Days to celebrate and Cinco de Mayo to toast to. So if you're too pooped to do any heavy duty cooking today but need some sustenance, try throwing together this thai basil hummus. The cannellini beans give it a wonderfully smooth texture and the peanut butter adds a bit of nutty flavor...perfect for spreading on some raw veggies or toasted pita. It's a nice change from the boring old chickpea hummus.
Thai Basil Hummus (inspired by 28 Cooks)
2 (15 oz.) cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
3 fresh cloves of garlic, sliced
juice of 2 limes
1/4 cup of thai basil leaves, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine cannellini beans, peanut butter, grapeseed oil, lime juice and garlic in food processor. Pulse several times.
- Add in thai basil. pepper, salt and cayenne. Process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Cover and chill in fridge for about an hour.
- Serve with your favorite accompaniment.