Savoy, Lime and Cilantro Coleslaw (Recipe by Tyler Florence)
(Yields 4-6 servings)
1 head Savoy cabbage
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, torn
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Shave the cabbage with a sharp knife or mandoline so you have thin ribbons.
- Cut the scallions long and on the bias so you have pieces similar in shape to the cabbage.
-Toss the cabbage, scallions and cilantro in a large salad bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar and the zest of the limes in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.