Here's my version:
Murphy's Law Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) sweet cream butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and eggs in large mixer bowl until creamy.
4. Place two sticks of butter in a microwave-safe container. Microwave for 2 minutes.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Pour butter into bowl and mix throughly with other ingredients.
7. Stir in morsels and nuts.
8. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets sprayed with PAM.
9. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown ( I went 12 minutes in my oven).
10. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; use a spatula to remove.