Karē Raisu (Japanese Curry Rice)
2 large carrots, peeled & sliced into half-rounds
1 large potato, peeled & cubed
1 large yellow onion, diced
2 T cooking oil
2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
6 cups of water
1 (8.4 oz.) package of medium-hot S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix (It's the best brand)
1. Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized chunks.
2. Dice carrots, potato and onion.
3. In a large skillet, heat cooking oil. Then sauté meat and onion in oil until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Add carrots and potato. Discard excess oil.
4. Add 6 cups of water and bring to a strong boil. Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer until meat (and potato) is tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Break Golden Curry Sauce Mix (roux) into small cubes and add to pot stirring until it is completed dissolved.
6. Simmer for another 5 minutes or so stirring constantly.
7. Serve over freshly cooked white rice. If you want to serve it in the traditional Japanese fashion, top it with a small portion of fukujinzuke for a contrast in taste and color.