Looking for a fun weekend event that offers some tasty eats, benefits two great charities AND pits talented area chefs against each other in a friendly competition? Sounds like the Truck and Mortar Throwdown would be right up your alley! Sponsored by SactoMoFo, The SacTown Dining Collective and Whole Foods Markets this culinary showdown is happening on December 1st, so don't wait to purchase your ticket. The teams for the TMT consist of some of Sactown's finest restaurant and food truck culinary wizards:
- Oliver Ridgeway (Grange) and Robert Ramos (Coast to Coast Sandwiches)
- Mike Thiemann (Ella's) and Chando (Chando’s Tacos)
- Adam Pechal (Tuli Bistro & Restaurant Thir13en) and Donell Hendrix (Simply Southern Foods)
- Billy Ngo (Kru Restaurant) and Davin Vculek (Krush Burger)
- Pedro Depina (Ettore’s) and Andrew "Drewski" (Drewski’s Hot Rod Kitchen)
A ticket ($45) includes 10 samples of delicious food (2 by each team), one Ruthstaller beer, one Broadacre coffee and assorted holiday appetizers served by Whole Foods. And best of all? The proceeds go to Toys for Tots and The California Fire Foundation just in time for the holidays.
Which team do you think will win and claim the title of TMT champion along with the bragging rights?
* Tickets can be purchased online at: Truck and Mortar Throwdown
($45 presale, $60 at the event)